Armie Hammer has announced that he has left the Broadway production of The Minutes after the numerous allegations levelled at him in recent months.
The actor has now been dropped from, or dropped out of, every upcoming project in his schedule as a result of the claims of abusive behaviour from multiple women.
In the most serious allegation, a woman known as 'Effie' last month claimed that the 34-year-old had raped her in 2017 as part of a violent sexual encounter.
Hammer has consistently denied all of the charges against him.
The Minutes - a comedy set at a city council meeting in a small town - was originally due to open in March 2020 with Hammer in one of the lead roles but was pushed back due to coronavirus.
In a statement on Friday, Hammer said: "I have loved every single second of working on The Minutes with the family I made from Steppenwolf [Theatre].
"But right now I need to focus on myself and my health for the sake of my family. Consequently, I will not be returning to Broadway with the production."
A spokesperson for the production said: "Armie remains a valued colleague to all of us who have worked with him onstage and offstage on The Minutes. We wish only the best for him and respect his decision."
Earlier this week it was revealed that Hammer has also been cut from upcoming Cold War epic Billion Dollar Spy. body check tags ::